This component will support public sector modernization, resilience, and delivery of digital public services to individuals and businesses.
This subcomponent will support the development of key enablers of digital government services and operations, in line with regionally harmonized standards and frameworks. Specific activities will include:
- Subcomponent 2.1.a: Developing and implementing a digital transformation strategy or ICT policy, enterprise architecture, interoperability framework, and continuity of operations plan.
- Subcomponent 2.1.b: Reviewing and updating of proposed legislation, regulations, or policies covering e-transactions, digital signature, and identification, as required.
- Subcomponent 2.1.c: Establishing or reinforcing digital government infrastructure, equipment, and software, including extension of last mile access to high-speed broadband networks to support remote work, expansion of local area networks/Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi) for government office and service centers, datacenters or data hosting services, government cloud, digital devices, and enterprise communications and productivity software.
- Subcomponent 2.1.d: Developing a digital identification system or user authentication platform with privacy by design features, based on an agreed regional framework for assignment of unique identification number.
- Subcomponent 2.1.e: Establishing electronic document management, authentication, and digital signature capabilities.
- Subcomponent 2.1.f: Developing a digital payment platform to send and receive payments for, inter alia, public services, taxes, payroll, vendors, and social protection schemes (SVG); and (g) Supporting capacity building of the centralized information technology workforce and change management.
- Subcomponent 2.1.g: Supporting capacity building of the centralized information technology workforce and change management across the public service
This subcomponent supports the development of priority government productivity platforms and citizen centric digital public services. It will build upon the core enabling infrastructure and platforms developed under Subcomponent 2.1. Specific activities will include:
- Subcomponent 2.2.a: Digitization and integration of key registries and information systems and establishment of a data exchange platform.
- Subcomponent 2.2.b: Business process reengineering and end-to-end digitization of common government to citizen transactions and public services.
- Subcomponent 2.2.c: Establishing an online web and mobile portal for accessing public services and information.
- Subcomponent 2.2.d: Developing a geographic information system and electronic single window for land and property information and transactions (not applicable to Dominica).
- Subcomponent 2.2.e: Establishing an electronic single window for customs clearance and administration (not applicable to Dominica).
- Subcomponent 2.2.f: Development of an electronic tax administration system (not applicable to Dominica).
- Subcomponent 2.2.g: Digitizing and increased automation of tourism and immigration administration for ports of entry.
- Subcomponent 2.2.h: Digitization of health information and administration, including connectivity for health centers and support for other COVID-19 health-related response needs.
- Subcomponent 2.2.i: Digitizing social cash transfers and recurrent government payment streams.